Eminence in Fellowship and Community Impact
STRATEGY 2032 provides a 10-year blueprint to build YMI into an organisation eminent in fellowship and community impact, collectively inspired and working collaboratively to help build an equitable and sustainable world. It affirms our desire to thrive collectively and to make an enduring and positive difference in the world as we enter our second century of existence.
To be an eminent value-based global fellowship of persons working actively for an equitable and sustainable world.
YMI is an inclusive international association of affiliated clubs making positive and enduring difference in the world through fellowship, community projects in the areas of Health, Environment and Education and partnering the YMCA mission worldwide.
YMI upholds love, compassion, sacrifice, and selflessness as its core values based on the teachings of Jesus Christ.
To acknowledge the duty that accompanies every right.
YMI GOALS FOR 2032
- Being a value-based inclusive fellowship of members and their families
- Acting as a thriving association of community-based service clubs embracing diversity
- Having a strong presence in 100 countries and 2 500 cities / communities
- Growing continuously by remaining relevant and attracting younger members
- Having visible and positive impact in the areas of Health, Environment and Education
- Being an active partner of the YMCA and its mission worldwide
- Acting for an equitable and sustainable world for all
Heal the World: Health – Education – Environment
Roll Back Malaria
STRATEGIC AREAS FOR CHANGE
Develop and evolve YMI as a distinct and strong brand of Fellowship and Community Impact.
Ensure cultural, religious, gender and inter- generation diversity and inclusion in activities, membership and leadership.
Adapt innovations in club functioning, fundraising, community impact and work collaboratively with YMCA as a mission partner.
CALL TO ACTION
In the first phase, the following priority areas have been suggested with corresponding club challenges:
- Strengthen family, youth and cultural fellowship in the club by providing a conducive environment
- Promote inter-club gatherings /IBCs and build excusive fellowship
- Commit to the International / Area / Regional / District fellowship of YMI
- Enhance opportunities for the personal and professional (leadership) development of club members
- Develop next-generation leaders with training opportunities built upon an awareness of the legacy, ethos and mission of the organisation
- Form leaders with influence, passion, integrity, and activism
- Implement community impact projects in the areas of health, environment and education
- Build purposeful collaboration with the YMCA for collective impact as a mission partner
- Create strategic relationships with resident businesses and other organisations sharing resources and working together to increase the sphere of influence
- Share good stories of impact
- Conduct advocacy campaigns on issues related to health, environment and education
- Fundraise for our core international programmes (ASF, BF, EF, RBM, TOF)
- Support and engage in the international projects of the association
- Focus on quality membership and gender balance
- Be an inclusive organisation embracing all diversities in the community in membership and leadership
- Keep recruitment and retention of members as top priorities of the club
- Support the formation of new clubs and mentor them to grow in mission and impact
Clubs, Districts, Regions and Area are equally encouraged to align their activities accordingly with this strategy, and we will be introducing specific and measurable annual targets at the various levels to achieve the collective vision.