Heal the World Guidelines
Implementing Rules and Guidelines
- To make it the collective mission of our organisation to “Heal the World” with
love, compassion, and kindness ― strengthening and expanding our ministryof
service based on the teachings of Jesus Christ as laid out in our mission
- To increase our response to and support of the needy in a world indelibly
impacted and changed by the COVID-19 pandemic.
- To also increase awareness and understanding of our movement, extending
our sphere of influence and exponentially scaling up our impact.
- To achieve our purpose by engaging as a cohesive group with both financial
and human resources, as well as with strategic, coordinated action.
Projects shall be sponsored/coordinated by a Y’s Men club, District, Region or Area.
Cooperation with the YMCA and/or other internationally recognised NGOs and agencies is
The following categories of projects fall within the framework of the Heal the World
Unified Global Project (UGP):
- SUPPLY OF RELIEF GOODS/SERVICES: Providing essential relief goods and
services during disasters and special emergencies.
- VOLUNTEER SUPPORT: Providing volunteer service for building or rebuilding
houses and community assets locally and beyond borders.
- MEDICAL AND HEALTH CARE SUPPORT: Providing support for medical
treatments and basic health and hygiene services in low-income communities around
HTW category projects, meeting all application criteria, will be given precedence and
prioritised for funding.
Funding for HTW will come from Y’s Men clubs, club members, the YMCA, other agencies
and independent, special benefactors through the existing TOF fund, as well as a special
Emergency Call for Funding Support
When money is being requested to address an urgent crisis or disaster and the standard TOF
procedure cannot be respected due to time constraints, a written request should be sent to
the IEOs with a copy to the ISG outlining the situation and the project proposal.
Emergency funding will be:
- Decided by the IEOs
- Funded through the special HTW Fund
- Be offered to applicants able to show proof of funds already collected equivalent to the amount being requested.
Regular Application for Funding Support
- HTW applications will be submitted and processed via an adapted online TOF
- HTW applications should meet all existing TOF criteria
- HTW applications must clearly demonstrate that they have secured all other funding
necessary for the proper implementation of the proposed project
- HTW applications must clearly outline how the project will be organised and monitored
Implementation, Monitoring and Evaluation
- Local, individual HTW projects will be implemented, monitored, and evaluated in the
same manner as other TOF projects.
- International service missions will involve, as needed, YMI and external volunteers
who are members of a special HTW network of retired and active professionals
committed to actively supporting the HTW purpose, acting together with high
expertise for social transformation.