Provide an Internship Opportunity
- iGo internships are sourced through YMCA national associations or local movements, as well as through YMI affiliated club members who own or operate business enterprises.
- A YMCA with an associated Y’s Men club is a preferential provider. Where possible interns shall interact and participate in the activities of a local YMI affiliated club.
- Any YMCA or YMI affiliated club member prepared to offer a valuable learning experience in an equitable and positive work setting may ask to join the programme.
- While remuneration of the intern is not expected, ideally indirect support will be provided in terms of subsidised (or partially subsidised) food and lodging.
- Where possible, a home stay arrangement should be considered. Where lodging with a Y’s Men or YMCA family is not an option, an arrangement with a YMCA hotel or hostel is a second-best option. An intern shall also be given the option to make their own housing arrangements.
- While internship parameters are flexible, conditions should provide sufficient free time for casual cultural exchange, exploration and leisure.
- The administration of the application process will be handled primarily by an assigned YMI Committee which will include volunteer members with YMCA affiliations.
- The internship provider will be involved in the final selection of the candidate and programme coordination with the selected participant.
Make an Offer
Are you a YMCA national association or local movement, or YMI affiliated club members who own or operate business enterprises?
Can you offer an iGo internship?
Please complete the details on the form below.